Monday, June 4, 2012

Student Portfolio Links

At the end of the year, students in Photography II, III, IV, V present their works through the creation of online portfolios or websites. All work was created by students in room 3130 using film, 
historical-based, and/or digital processes.

Here Are Some Examples:


Jessica Margulies

Statement:
Over the past two years as a photography student, I have learned not only the basic funamentals of taking photographs, but also the true meaning of photography as an art form.  Photographs present a unique glimpse of reality that can never be recreated, which almost makes photography surreal.  When you look at a picture, you are looking at time being frozen and displayed on a surface.  That fraction of a second has the potential to hold messages capable of changing the way somone views the world around them.  This has been my main focus as a photorapher: to capture a moment in time and present it in a way that proves some significant meaning to others.  I have found that I love experimenting with surreal images and processes, mainly putting this interest to use in the dark room.  I find that I enjoy combining strange and seemingly unrelated images to form one complex, engaging, and fascinting piece of art.  My favorite aspect of photography is that it holds no limits: the "perfect picture" will never exist. It is up to each individual photogapher to use their creativity and originality to capture their own perception of perfection.  I believe that this infinite range of possibilities gives photography an unquantifiable value that I will learn to appreciate more as I grow as an artist. 


Laura Grau

No comments:

Post a Comment